Thursday, May 15, 2008

Parties and The Day
















This was written last night, but I was too tired to put the pics in! I saved it but didn't publish it. Now the pics are in, so enjoy. :)


What a week! And hey, it's only Thursday.

Wait, it's Thursday? Durn it. I thought for a second there it was Wednesday. Because that would mean I have more time between me and The Day.

See, The Day is this Saturday. We are all going to be getting up at the crack of 7 in the morning, in order to be by Granny's around 9. We're staying there for a pizza lunch. Then we're heading up to Brown Deer to pick up my two nieces. Then we're going to Grafton for a birthday party that I am helping with and Calista is attending, (and Chris will be taking everyone else--five!--to McD's for ice cream and play) and then after all the clean up, we get to go home. Chris and I are going to tape the Brewers v. Red Sox game while we're gone and then watch it that night after supper. Oh, and my nieces are staying until Monday night.

The kids are super-excited about The Day, and so am I, in a wary kind of way, because I love kids and I love my nieces and I love birthday parties. Especially when I'm running the fun part of the show. :D (More on this in a bit.)

And really, the rest of the weekend won't be so bad--we just have church on Sunday and then Rei and Brook will be joining us with school on Monday, and we'll probably go to the park and the library if it's nice out.

But methinks I'm going to need some serious caffeine on The Day. It's shaping up to be a two Diet Cokes kind of day. Plus, in case you don't live where I do, all these places are at least 20 - 40 minutes away from each other. So hey, at least I can give my feet a rest in the car. Theoretically.

I do love putting on birthday parties. And I love making them fairly big, with lots of activities and games and decorations and stuff. And I love being involved. The parties I did when Calista and Damek were little weren't very involved, but the ones from Calista's 4th, on, have been.

We did a Princess and Prince party for that one, combined with Damek's 2rd. (Chris' dad was the evil dragon king, and everything.) Then the following year, Calista did a Barbie one, Damek had a Thomas the Tank Engine one, and Ian had his mega-big Finding Nemo 1st Birthday. Then came the combined Calista/Damek Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe party, which was awesome!

And here's the point where we got smart and got a digital camera, thus the pics above.

Ian had his Incredibles 2nd party. Then Calista had a Flower Craft party (I swear, the whole party was almost silent, the entire time, because they were so engrossed in their crafts! Amazing!) and Damek and Ian had a Pirate party! We had a BLAST with that one! (Pun intended, of course.) Ember had a simple get-together for her 1st.

This year, Calista had a Cooking party, and then Damek and Ian--who were both having their golden birthdays--had a mega-big Star Wars party! That one was a ton of fun.

And now I get to pretty much do a fairy princess party on The Day. Except I don't have to pay for it. :D

I'm already brainstorming a little with what to do for Ember's party.

Four or five or fifteen people have told me that I need to start a business with this, but seriously everyone, I don't want to. In order to make any money, I'd have to be there helping at the parties, and that would mean giving up my weekends with my family, which I'm totally not willing to do. So. I will gladly help out with friends and family's parties, even for FREE as I've tried to tell one friend who insists on paying me to have so much fun. But yeah. Nothing beyond that. At least for now.

No comments: